An applicant shall verify competency during online renewal.
54-07-03.1-01 Unlicensed assistive person competence means having the required knowledge, skills, and ability to perform delegated nursing interventions safely, accurately, and according to standard procedures. The unlicensed assistive person shall meet the criteria or requirements for their specific roles.
Information you will need for renewal:
- Employment Information
- UAP / Technician / Medication Assistant III - you will need your Certifying Organization and Certifying Organization Expiration Date
- Medication Assistant III applicants who entered the registry as a nursing student will also need to submit an updated "Verification of Eligibility for Medication Assistant Registry" form.
- Payment Method - credit or debit card
- You will need to validate your continued competency by choosing and completing one of the following:
- Current Employer Verification - current place of employment, city, state
- Past Employment Verification - employment must have occurred in the last two years - past place of employment, city, state, dates of employment
- Licensed Nurse Verification - nurse's name, license number and expiration date of their license
- Current certification or registration by a Board recognized national body (Examples - AAMA, NHA, NCCT, AMT, CHT, CCHT, CCNT, CHBT, NBSTSA) - certifying body and expiration date
- I am a current nursing student in a nursing program - nursing program name, expected graduation date and submit a "Verification of Eligibility for Medication Assistant Registration" form
All information entered will be encrypted, so your data will be transmitted safely and securely. Do not use your browser's "back" button during the renewal process. If at any time you wish to exit the renewal process choose "Exit".
Renew/Reactivate your Registry
- You may update your name/address and other demographic information during online renewal/reactivation
- If your browser has auto-fill enabled, do not use it or choose the drop down that displays with it. Type in all information for accuracy.
- Your renewal will be reviewed and your registration will be renewed within five to seven business days. Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not considered business days.
- A confirmation/receipt email will be sent to you upon completion of this online renewal process. Monitor the Verify option of this website for issuance of your renewed registry - the updated expiration date will display once it has been renewed.
Fee List - all fees are non-refundable.
RENEWAL FOR ACTIVE REGISTRANTS
(If registry is active and expires 06/30/current year)
Renewal for active registries is only available April-June of the year it expires
(If the month is July and your registry expired 06/30/current year
(All other registries that are expired/inactive and do not fall within the Late Renewal scenario)
- UAP/Technician = $40
- UAP/Technician with Med Asst III = $80
- UAP/Technician = $80
- UAP/Technician with Med Asst III = $160
Additional fees may be added if you practiced in July without a current registry.
- UAP/Technician = $90
- UAP/Technician with Med Asst III = $130
Additional fees may be added if you practiced without a current registry.
||If you answered no to the question asking if you practiced in July, your employer must complete a Verification of Practice Form.
||If you have not completed a Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) for the ND Board of Nursing in the past 90 days, you will need to complete one - CHRC Instructions here.
||If your application is complete, you will receive a 90-day non-renewable temporary permit while the board office is waiting for your CHRC to be completed. An email will be sent when the temporary permit and/or full registry status has been issued. To view your temporary permit choose Verify on this website.
Choose the button below to renew/reactivate your registry.
RENEW YOUR REGISTRY STATUS HERE