License Renewal Continuing Education (CE) Audit FAQ
The Board monitors compliance with the CE requirement through an audit system. If a licensee receives a notice of continuing education audit after online renewal they are required to provide proof of CE completion.
- If audited, you will receive a link to CE Broker to input proof of CE. Board staff will verify completion of required CE through CE Broker. Do not print or send anything to the Board office.
How long should CE records be kept?
Records must be kept for at least four (4) years.
What records should be kept?
Documentation of completion of CE activities should be supplied to you by the provider of the activity. Documentation should contain the following information:
- Licensee's name
- Title of the education activity or course
- Approval code or course number
- Date of program completion
- Name of the provider/instructor
- Name of the organization which approved the program for CE
- Contact hours
For academic credit, an unofficial college transcript or grade report showing licensee's name, the name of the school, the number of credit hours completed, and the dates attended.
Board approved: 3/04