Nurse Practices Act CE Offering
ND Board of Nursing (NDBON) has partnered with National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) to develop the nurse practice acts course program. ND is one of several states that are currently participating. The course is for every nurse in every practice setting at every level of practice. The ND Nurse Practices Act is the state law that governs nursing licensure and practice, and nursing education to ensure the safety, health and welfare of the public.
Learn about the ND Nurse Practices Act (North Dakota Century Code [NDCC], Chapter 43-12.1) and how to apply the law to your day-to-day practice. During the course you will:
- Explore the history of licensure and the regulation of nursing.
- Find out the functions of boards of nursing.
- Learn about the powers, responsibilities and the composition of the NDBON.
- Clarify what is included in nursing licensure in ND.
- Understand what constitutes grounds for discipline in ND, due process procedures, and alternatives to discipline.
The course is online and self-paced and is offered through NCSBN. Cost of the course is $15, with three weeks of unlimited, 24-hour course access and 2.0 nursing contact hours upon completion. To enroll, go to NCSBN Learning Extension to create an account.
Access CE here