Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) Instructions
- Submit an online RN or LPN initial application by exam or endorsement OR include one of the following forms:
- An RN or LPN Reactivation Form or;
- An initial APRN application or;
- A UAP/Technician/MAIII initial or reactivation form
- Contact your local law enforcement agency or a private agency that provides fingerprinting services to make an appointment to be fingerprinted.
- Fee for fingerprinting will vary depending upon agency charges.
- Agencies are to use the standard FBI Applicant card (FD-258) for fingerprints.
Required fields to be completed at the top of the fingerprint card using BLACK ink:
- Last Name, First Name, Middle Name
- Signature of Person Fingerprinted (Your Signature)
- Maiden Name
- Other names used by you
- Insert N/A if you have none
- Date of Birth
- Residence of Person Fingerprinted (your home address)
- Citizenship (US or other country)
- Eyes (color)
- Hair (color)
- Place of Birth
- Date (date prints taken)
- Signature of Official taking Fingerprints
- Social Security Number
IF FINGERPRINT CARDS ARE INCOMPLETE YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT NEW CARDS
- Submit the following to North Dakota Board of Nursing (NDBON)
- Criminal History Record Check form
- Completed fingerprint cards (from the law enforcement agency/private agency)
- TWO completed fingerprint cards if ink and roll
- ONE completed fingerprint card if electronic
- Do not fold fingerprint cards
- Money Order or Cashier Check for $40, with a current date, and must be made PAYABLE TO BCI (no personal checks accepted).
- NDBON will submit completed form, fee, and fingerprint card to Bureau of Criminal Investigations (BCI).
- BCI will return the background check results to NDBON.
- If fingerprints are rejected by BCI, NDBON will notify you.
North Dakota Board of Nursing
919 S 7th St, Suite 504
Bismarck, ND 58504-5881
Frequently Asked Questions about CHRC