It is within the scope of practice of an RN to perform an AmniSure Test for rupture of membranes for the OB patient who presents with symptoms of leaking or ruptured membranes if the following requirements are met:
- Satisfactory completion of training in the performance of the test;
- Documentation of satisfactory completion of the course of instruction is on file with the employer;
- The registered nurse has the knowledge, skills and judgment for the task;
- Qualified backup is available; and
- It is within the agency’s policies.